KMT Farming & Consultancy Ltd was set up in 2012 by agricultural business consultant Keith Thomas to provide strategic, business and financial consultancy to clients across the UK.
Keith’s years of experience as regional bank manager with the Agricultural Mortgage Corporation (AMC) plc, a division of the Lloyds banking group, have led to a comprehensive understanding of the financial and borrowing needs of all sizes of agricultural businesses. A qualified valuer, one of his roles was to appraise commercial ventures with a view to lending for expansion and further development.
Prior to his work for the AMC, Keith was a senior strategic consultant with Promar International, with responsibility for strategy development, promotion and delivery for the business. He’s also worked as an associate for Strutt & Parker, managing their farms department; dealing with farm-related matters on the managed estates and providing technical, commercial and practical knowledge and support as required.
The breadth and scope of Keith’s knowledge and experience means that he’s now ideally placed to act as a ‘one stop solution’ for farmers wanting to develop any aspect of their business.
Accreditations and memberships:
• Company Secretary of Apex Farming Co-operative, an organisation of 25 farms with a combined turnover of £4.5 million
• Director of the Cheshire Agricultural Show
• Associate of British Institute of Agricultural Consultants (BIAC)
• Fellow of Central Association of Agricultural Valuers (FAAV)
• Member of Worshipful Company of Farmers
• Institute of Agricultural Management (IAgM)