KMT Farming & Consultancy Ltd Privacy Notice
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
What this privacy notice covers
KMT Farming & Consultancy Ltd (“KMT”) is committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to “we”, “us” or “our” mean KMT. This notice explains how we collect store and handle your personal data.
Who we are
KMT is an agricultural consultancy. KMT is the data controller under the data protection legislation and all our contact details are shown at the end of this notice. We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have, but if not, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Information we gather
We collect your information in the form of your name, address, economic, financial and tax information and store it on our cloud-based, password protected system.
Your information is collected from:
1. Application forms and other documents
2. Email, post, fax and mail correspondence with KMT
3. Contact via telephone
4. In-person contacts with clients and potential clients
5. Information gathered at events
6. Information received from external third parties
7. Details provided by you to comply with Money Laundering regulations
We will use information to:
1. Provide agricultural business and financial consultancy
2. To apply for funding from lenders, banks and other funding organisations
3. To undertake checks such as identification verification with fraud prevention services to enable us to comply with anti-money laundering obligations and for purposes of crime prevention and fraud prevention.
4. Maintain relevant contact, including, but not limited to sending information to clients
5. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
6. Share with regulatory authorities and any other party when sharing of information is required by law.
What is the legal basis of processing your data
The legal basis of processing your data is “contract” as defined by Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulations where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party.
Who will have access to the information
We share your information with third parties and data processors who may need to access your information for performing the purposes specified above. We take reasonable organisational and technical measures to protect your information against unauthorised access, modification or misuse. We use services provided by reputable security providers and your information is accessed by employees, agents and third-party partners on a needs-only basis.
How long will we keep your information
In the absence of any legal requirements, your personal data will be retained for as long as necessary for the purpose of processing listed above. This means your data will be deleted if you withdraw consent to processing, or the data is no longer required or inaccurate. If you decide to cease working with KMT, we will hold your information for a period which is deemed reasonable.
How to keep us updated with any changes to your information
Please remember to keep us updated on the personal data we hold on you if it is inaccurate or incomplete. All requests to update your personal data should be sent in writing to KMT and any third parties will be informed, where possible.
You have the right to:
1. Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Please submit your request to the contact details shown at the end of this notice. We will respond within one month or receipt of your written request. This request is free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
2. Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you, please contact us on the details set out at the end of this notice.
3. Request that we delete your personal data, so it is erased from our records.
4. Object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
5. Object to automated processing, including profiling
Enquiries and Complaints
Please contact us if you have any enquiries arising from this privacy notice. If you are unhappy with our work, or something that we have done, or failed to do, please inform us in writing by email. We will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint as soon as reasonably practicable.
All complaints should be sent to:
KMT Farming & Consultancy Ltd email@example.com
You may also complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are concerned with how we are handling your personal information. Their contact details are shown below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745
Review of KMT Privacy Notice
This Notice was last reviewed in May 2018. We will notify you about any significant changes in the way we treat personal information, but you are welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish to.